Important Safety Information
What is the most important information I should know about CINQAIR?CINQAIR can cause serious side effects, including:
Serious allergic reactions (anaphylaxis). Serious allergic reactions can happen right after you receive your CINQAIR infusion. These reactions can cause death. Allergic reactions sometimes do not happen right away. Your healthcare provider will watch you during and after you receive your CINQAIR infusion for any signs of a reaction.
Tell your healthcare provider right away if you have any of the following symptoms that may be associated with an allergic reaction:
- breathing problems
- skin rash (hives)
- swelling of your face, lips, mouth, or tongue
- symptoms of low blood pressure (fainting, dizziness, light headedness, confusion, fast heart beat)
- nausea or abdominal discomfort
What is CINQAIR?
CINQAIR is a prescription medicine used with other asthma medicines for the maintenance treatment of asthma in people aged 18 years of age and older whose asthma is not controlled with the current asthma medicines. When added to other medicines for asthma, CINQAIR helps prevent severe asthma attacks (exacerbations) and can improve your breathing. Medicines such as CINQAIR reduce blood eosinophils. Eosinophils are a type of white blood cell that may contribute to your asthma.
- CINQAIR is not used to treat other problems caused by eosinophils.
- CINQAIR is not used to treat sudden breathing problems.
It is not known if CINQAIR is safe and effective in children less than 18 years of age.
Do not receive CINQAIR if you are allergic to reslizumab or any of the ingredients in CINQAIR.
See the Full Prescribing Information for a complete list of ingredients in CINQAIR.
Before receiving CINQAIR, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- are taking oral or inhaled corticosteroid medicines. Do not stop taking your corticosteroid unless your healthcare provider tells you to stop. This may cause other symptoms that were controlled by the corticosteroid medicine to come back.
- have or have had cancer (malignancy).
- have a parasitic (helminth) infection.
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if CINQAIR will harm your unborn baby. Tell your healthcare provider if you become pregnant during your treatment with CINQAIR.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if CINQAIR passes into your breast milk. You and your healthcare provider should decide if you will receive CINQAIR and breastfeed. Talk to your healthcare provider about the best way to feed your baby if you receive CINQAIR.
Do not stop taking your other asthma medicines unless your healthcare provider tells you to.
What are the possible side effects of CINQAIR?CINQAIR may cause serious side effects, including:
- See "What is the most important information I should know about CINQAIR?"
- abnormal growth of cells or tissue in your body that may or may not be cancer (malignancy)
These are not all the possible side effects of CINQAIR.
Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1- 800-FDA- 1088.Please see the Full Prescribing Information.